Quilled flowers

HB076

This birthday card was requested from me last March!!! Gosh....my customer is so patient with me.  It's not easy to come up with an idea.....it takes ages for me to figure it out.....maybe the creative juice is all dried up!! :P Luckily for me she said I can do whatever I like with the design, so I took the opportunity to do another quilling pattern for this birthday card which was custom made for her daughter in law. 

I've been wanting to try out this layout for this quilling technique. But I wasn't quite sure how to arrange the quilled papers to make a good arrangement. It's so difficult to decide! So I kept arranging it over and over again until I was satisfied with the colors and arrangement of the flowers and leaves, before pasting them on the card itself.
I made a simple pop up flowers arrangement inside the card using my favourite pop up style....which is the weaving style that I love so much to do when it comes to arranging flowers. It's much easier to arrange them this way....in my opinion that is hehehe. I really hope she likes it!! :)


6 comments:

Jaja Only Sweet Things said...

kak Lin,

another awesome card!! i just love the combination of pink and green. they are my favorite colors ^_^

the quilling flowers and scallop borders, sweet~~

Ann Martin said...

It's a very pretty card! Am sure she'll love it.

Azlina Abdul said...

Jaja...thank you! I'm so happy to know that you love it!

Ann....thank you! I really hope so!

Asma’ AB said...

this is lovely! ur pop up really makes my heart pop-out also!! like a surprise gift inside the card.. ♥ it!!

Carol P said...

The weaving adds a lot of interest to the cards. Balloons and flowers....what's next?

Azlina Abdul said...

Asma'....thank you so much! Glad you like the pop up! :)

Carol....hehehe...well, I'm not sure yet what else I can weave other than balloons and flowers...I have no new ideas yet..hehehe :)

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...